Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 more to go!

This last week was a killer! We had Girl Scout Day Camp, Vacation Bible school, Pixie camp and Orientation. Throw in birthday parties and work picnics and you have the perfect recipe for an insane week.



Ashley loved going to Camp Howdy for Girl Scout Day Camp. This years theme was "All the World's a Stage". They had an opera singer come, puppets, a presentation from an animation lab and dancers. All of this plus crafts, campfire cooking, wilderness and 100 degree days. I volunteered out at the camp on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday I was with a group of girls that were going into the 3rd grade. I have never been with such a group of whiners!! Seriously, by the end of the day I ended up telling a little girl that she needed to just suck it up and quit crying. Man I am glad that my kids aren't wimps. I understand being hot and miserable, but my the time you are eight years old you should be able to carry a garbage bag without crying. Just my opinion though! On Thursday I worked in the craft shack. Talk about a cushy job! I think I will be volunteering for that one for the entire time next year. There were fans and they bring you lunch. Of course, I did have a close encounter with a clothespin decorated to look like TicTock from Peter Pan that resulted in a red watering eye for a few days, but it was still better than dealing with the heat and whining little girls.



While I was volunteering, Alan and Rowan went to Pixie Camp. It was set up for the kids of volunteers. They had a wonderful time playing in the sprinklers and making crafts. they keep asking when they will get to go back. The other days when I wasn't at camp, we stayed busy with picnic lunches at the park, open house for Alan's summer school and getting ready for the weekend. Alan and Rowan love having lunch at the park and playing with friends.







We ended our week with David's yearly departmental picnic at Veteran's park on friday evening. There was a castle bouncer, a clown and a big inflatable slide along with the playground for the little kids. All three of the kids had a great time. Ashley got her face painted, but Rowan was terrifed of the clown and wouldn't go near her.




On Saturday we had two birthday parties and dinner at our friends Wendy and Arthur's house. Sunday we went to Houston to celebrate Al and Savana's birthdays. It was a really busy weekend, but everyone had a good time. 2 weeks down, 10 more to go!

No comments: