Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day and Firestations

David got to have Father's Day two days early because Ashley and I were leaving for a Girl Scout sleepover at Sea World. He made out like a bandit with an egg fry pan and spatula, Misto, sink mat and a back massaging chair pad. Yes, I know it seems werid to give him so many kitchen related items, but is just the kind of stuff he likes. Plus, I get to use them too so its a bonus for everyone.


David had been hinting about the massaging chair pad for months and the kids (well Ashley) were really excited about giving him this gift. David pulled it out of the box and got it all set up on the couch. The kids took turns enjoying the Shiatsu action before bedtime. Once they they were in bed, he enjoyed the massagin action in peace. Unfortunately, hours of relaxation comes at a price. At around 5am, David woke me up to tell me that he wanted me to take the pad back. It had beaten him up!!! His back was sore for days from the "relaxing" Shiatsu action. All I can say is that it was a better gift than a tie.

The kids' friend Matthew had his 3rd birthday party at the local firestation followed by waterslide fun at his house.


Rowan wasn't sure what to think about the firefighters jacket. She and Ashley loved exploring the trucks and the ambulance. Alan convinced the firefighters to show him the motor in the fire engine. He was very excited to see the inside of that big truck engine. I could see the gears in his mind working to figure out how to take that thing apart.























They had a great time playing on the waterslide at Matthew's house after the firestation. They loved the cake. As we were leaving Alan and Rowan found the cat door into the office. they couldn't figure out what it was for, but had fun trying to get through.







































2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey! I'm on the BCSMOMs board with you & thought i would check out your blog. I wanted to know if you knew what kind of water slide that was. I'm looking at getting one for my kids & I'm trying to compare slides. Seeing actual photos of them have helped a lot. Thanks again

Elizabeth said...

Kristie- I just saw your question and I know you already have gotten a slide. I am sorry that I didn't get back with you earlier. That's what I get for not checking the blog for months! Hopefully your kids loved the one you bought!