Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Girl Scout Campout

On November 6th, I went on my first camping adventure in 15 years. I went with Ashley's Girl Scout troop to spend the night at Camp Howdy. There is nothing better to reintroduce yourself to the great outdoors like an overnight with a group of 9 year old girls. I was exhausted. Man they have some energy. Those girls were pyros! Their favorite activity was starting the campfire and keeping it going. They really refined their savaging skills looking for twigs and kindling. I am not sure if we should have handed them the large box of matches, but it seemed to keep them entertained for hours.
The goofy girls eating breakfast that was made over the campfire. Ashley was exceptionally silly on this morning. I think it was from the lack of sleep.

The day was full of fun activities.





The girls learning how to take down the tent.

No comments: